Bowlarama originally opened in June 1991, however in January 2013 a major refurbishment was begun and the centre reopened in May 2013.
The centre is now a modern 16 Lane Bowling Centre with the addition 18 hole Black Light Mini Putt course.
The centre boasts the most modern AMF bowling equipment available, it uses 82-90XLi Pinspotters, synthetic overlays, LCD monitors, new pins, bowling balls and shoes. The refurbishment also includes a new entrance to the bowling centre which is now located off Devon Street West.
The Bumpers have also been replaced and are available for children 10 years old and under, those with disabilities and the elderly. Additional ramps have also been added for younger children.
The bowling centre is now air conditioned and remains a moderate temperature for bowling comfort.
Still available are pool tables, air hockey tables and arcade games, with new arcade games due to arrive in 2014.
Bowlarama continues to be a licensed premises for the enjoyment of its patrons, also available is a large selection of non-alcoholic beverages.
Glow bowling is back in action on Friday and Saturday evenings from 7pm during winter and 8pm during summer.
Black Light Mini Putt
Though the real glow happens in our 18hole Black Light Mini Putt course. Imported from Canada, this is a fantastic course which can be enjoyed by all ages. Though those with Epilepsy, impaired vision or those worried by the dark are urged they may find this course difficult.
We invite you all to come in and check out our new complex and if you are a keen bowler enquire about our weekly leagues!
|Per Person||1 Game||2 Games||3 Games|
|Family Concession (2 x Adults / 2 x Children)||$40.00||$64.00|
Pre Schooler $5.00
Bowling/Mini Golf Combo
- Bowling shoes must be worn
- Socks must be worn, available for hire for $1.00, new socks $3.50 if socks forgotten
- Bumper Guards available for children 10years and under, those with disabilities and the elderly.
Birthday Parties and Functions
Looking for somewhere to host your child’s birthday party?
Then why not choose Bowlarama!
Choose for your party to bowl, miniputt or do the Combo. We can accommodate younger children with bowling ramps and gutter guards for children 10 years and under.
You can use our party room to eat your food either before or after playing and leave all the mess here. The cost of using this room is $10.00 which covers the cleaning and rubbish disposal.
Bring whatever food you like into Bowlarama, but please remember you may not bring any type of drinks into the bowling centre, this includes fizzy drink. We have a large selection of beverages available.
Our party room maybe dressed as you like, table cloths, balloons, banners, whatever takes your fancy – it’s up to you.
Not only does Bowlarama host children’s birthday parties, but we also host work functions as well.
For groups larger than 30 seated looking to eat in the bowling centre please contact the centre to make arrangements, as you will not fit into the party room.
The same rules are applicable to large groups, you may bring whatever food you like into the bowling centre but we are a licensed premises so you are not permitted to bring your own beverages into the centre, this includes fizzy drinks.
Discounted rates may be available for groups larger than 40 people, please contact the Manager for details.
What is League Bowling?
- League Bowling is a socially fun way to get together regularly to bowl in friendly competition in the game of 10 pin bowling.
- Leagues run in either singles, doubles or foursome format.
- League bowlers bowl between 2 to 6 games series depending on the league format.
- Most leagues are run on a handicap basis so every one has an even chance of winning.
- Bowlaramas’ leagues range from juniors, adult social, adult competitive and seniors.
- In short, league bowling is an inexpensive and fun way to get together regularly and at the same time make new friends.
Check out the leagues below to find what suits you best:
- Tuesday Doubles, 7.30pm, 4 games
- Wednesday 50 Forwards, 9.30am, 3 games
- Wednesday Singles, 7.30pm, 4 games
- Thursday Special Olympics, 4pm, 1 game
- Sunday Bumper Bowlers, 10am, 1 game
Monthly Business House: Bowl the first Thursday of the month at 7.30pm, 3 games, team of four.
Not only do you get great prices when you bowl during the League, but you also receive a special League Practice card which entitles you to fantastic rates anytime, any day.
All enquiries regarding League bowling can be made on the email below.
188 Devon Street West
06 7578 169
Monday 1pm – 9.30pm
Tuesday 10am – 9.30pm
Wednesday 10am – 9.30pm
Thursday 10am – 10pm
Friday 10am – 10.30pm
Saturday 10am – 10.30pm
Sunday 10am – 9pm
Closing times are a guideline only, they are subject to patronage.